1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rangers Bolts on 774-1 did not record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dhkinil, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Or maybe it did but it would not play back. I recorded it on both my HR-24's and went to watch this morning and neither recording would play on either of the tv's connected to the receiver, nor did they play if I tried to watch a recording via whole home dvr..... What's worse is I double checked the recording just after the game started to make sure I was recording the correct feed.

2. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    What exactly happens when you try to play it back?

3. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Well if I watch the game on the tv connected t the box which recorded the game I get a black screen, if I try to watch it on via whole home dvr, that is in my family room but watching the recording made on the hr 24 in my bedroom, I get "playback failed, no video packets received.

4. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    That symptom happened to me once years ago (2008 I think) when we first got HD DVR's from DirecTV. As I recall, the problem was not uncommon at the time, but software updates have since cured it (at least in 99.9% of cases). Sorry it happened to you this time.

5. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Yes, I had the same problem repeatedly in the early days of HR 20's, more recently it has removed scheduled recordings in place more than a day before the game day, but that seems to be an issue when they, in some fashion, reset the guide every night. I am doing a test recording to night so that if the problem recurs I can have a work around in place tomorrow.