1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant on DirecTV customer service email division! (Long)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jdspencer, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    A few days ago I sent an email to DirecTV to get an answer on why I can't get the special NBC-HD feed on Ch84.

Here's what I sent.
    Today I received this.
    I don't think these people can understand what they read.

My response to them.

2. Combow

Combow AllStar

Aug 8, 2004
    what he's trying to say it turn the channel.

I have it on like 4 diffrent channels turn to channel 355 and 356 and 382 and 383 and my local channel MIA WTVJ-6.

It's doesn't matter that you local station only shows it some time. look on your guide and find another channel that has it.

If none of them have it...Don't E-mail them Call them and tell them that.

Problem Solved.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    No, you don't understand. I wanted to know why I can't get the HD feed of the Olympics. The response from DirecTV was just a canned response. And, this all started with a phone call when the Olympics started and I didn't get ch 84.

4. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    All DirecTV e-mail questions get a response. Its just usually the wrong response. Just a canned answer out of the Big Book of Why the Customer is Always Wrong, or something totally off topic, or "call customer service".

Its worthless.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Sad, but all too true. I had played a little CSR merry go round and thought I'd try the email route. I knew better, but wanted to vent. We'll see how my response is handled.

Years ago, I pested them about the lack of national WB and UPN. I guess I got someone's attention because I actually got a phone call from them. Unfortunately, the end result of that call was "don't mention WB and UPN again". That's when I went to Dish for their Superstation pack.

6. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I've always almost gone the email route when I need anything done or had a special request and its always worked out. In fact just last week I arranged for an upgrade to HD. I had emailed them last Saturday asking basically I was interested in a conversion to HD what can you do for me, I got an email back next day saying theyd contact me in a day or 2 to talk it over. Monday I get a call from the Boise Call Center, bottom line got a Phase III w/OTA Antenna...HD receiver...and Installation for $199....$20 off Premier for 6 months and the HD pack free for 6 months. My local NBC is not O & O, however, NBC got them to sign off before the Olympics permitting ppl in my local DMA (Cleveland) access to the special feed. In my case its not needed as my local NBC does HD tho. You should contact your local NBC affliliate and see if they signed off on it.

7. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I have been in contact with my NBC affiliate and they don't have my name on record as having a waiver. But, I have the letter from DirecTV that states that I do, but only the networks are listed not the affiliate that signed off. The problem may be that my local NBC affiliate used to be a retransmission from another city and they may have been the ones that granted the waiver. I've also emailed them. It's just the principle of the thing now. I want to make sure things are in order if and when NBC and DirecTV offer the regular HD programming. I'll try the phone call route once I hear from the other affiliate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.