1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rays-Rangers game disappears

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mrmojo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. mrmojo

mrmojo Mentor

Feb 11, 2008
    I live in the Tampa Bay area and was watching the Rays-Rangers game on Sun Sports and when the game went to commercial after the bottom of the second inning the game was gone and another program was being aired. When I called DirecTV they said it was a Sun Sports programming issue. When I called Sun Sports (653) they said it was a DirecTV issue. So I called DirecTV again and was told it was their fault and that they were working on resolving the issue by authorizing the MLB EI feed. Well when I put that channel on I got the same program that was airing on Sun Sports! For my troubles they gave me 6 months of Starz/Encore for free. When I went to check to see if I could view these channels only the standard def channels were authorized! I had to call back yet again to get them to re-authorize the channels for me.

DirecTV has really gone downhill in the 12 years I have been a customer. The more I pay, the worst the service gets. Their whole home DVR solution is hokey compared to what Verizon FIOS offers which is why I will be switching as soon as I can. :mad:

2. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Sorry to hear you spoke to an agent that did not have the correct information for you the first time.

Do you care to elaborate on the bolded portion? I've had zero issues with my whole home service and I have only noticed it become more and more stable as time goes on.

3. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i seen that also, direcTV had a bad day, the Blue Jays @ Tigers just shut off at @ 7:00 when the game was in middle of the 9th because they didn't know the NBA was move over to FSPD+

4. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
  5. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    You should be OK with the Dodgers tonight.

The game appears on 689 and 689-1, an RSN alternate, and it also appears on 745 and 745-1 in the EI package.

When these events are planned ahead, D* does well.

They're just not very nimble when it comes to situations like the Tigers today - rain delays and overlapping programming with unique blackout restrictions.

6. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    Absolutely unacceptable that they did not make every feed available for every game.

7. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    I mentioned this particular 'asleep at the switch' on another thread; I always watch the rays feed, having lived in St. Pete years ago during the Devil Rays first season. I switched to the Rangers feed (I've lived in DFW twice) and didn't make any calls (my blood pressure thanked me).

Oh, btw, some of the Dodgers feeds (that bounce around Fox Sports West whatever) aren't being mapped as well, so the comment that they are 'okay' isn't quite true.

8. Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    I'm pretty sure the Dodgers have a bunch of their games on KCAL, which Extra Innings will apparently never show.

9. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    he was referring to the games on Prime Ticket alternate due to Clippers conflict.