1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RC 71 Remote Programming

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DolphinGirl, Jul 6, 2013.

1. DolphinGirl

DolphinGirl AllStar

Jun 10, 2006
    After a minor glitch with installation of my new HR44, I went to program the Remote to my TV, HR44 and Denon AV302 A/V Receiver. Only the HR44 works via RF, the other two work via Infrared.

The set-up menu accepted all the codes and everything passed, except I cannot turn the Denon On or Off.

Any suggestions? Do I need to do something different to set up Infrared even though it said everything worked?

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    The RC71 doesn't power on/off AV Receivers. Yet another reason the remote is crappy.

3. DolphinGirl

DolphinGirl AllStar

Jun 10, 2006
    But it does it during the set-up process. Why would it have the Denon AVR3802 code and work during the set-up if it doesn't work?

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Because power off/on of the AVR is not in the "off" or "on" sequences for the RC71.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right, unlike its predecessor that has a switch that you can set for the device. The RC71 does not have one, and as such, the ON and OFF commands (macro) only apply for the DirecTV receiver and TV