1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RC16 remote issues...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Phroz, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phroz

Phroz Legend

Jul 3, 2006
    Recently, my RC16 (from my D10-300) has developed a tendency to "forget" all the programmed codes for my TV and A/V receiver every 3 or 4 days. I'll go to turn off my TV and the box will pop up saying this function isn't programmed. So I program it again, it works for a few days, and the process repeats.

I've replaced the batteries, and that didn't help... any other ideas? It's starting to get annoying.

2. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    1) take the batteries out
    2) press and hold the "1" button for a FULL 10 seconds with the batteries out
    3) put the batteries back in
    4) reprogram the remote

I know it sounds weird, but this is how a remote control is fully reset, before you program it again.

3. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Actually, there's abetter way to reset the D* white remotes:

1: Press and hold Mute and Select until the LED at the top of the remote flashes twice.
    2: Enter 981 on the number pad. The LED should now flash 4 times.

The remote is now reset to factory specs.

4. mkmhr

mkmhr Legend

Jan 25, 2006
    The number 1 button method is going to work more often than the 981, the reason for this is because you are then actually draining the capacitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.