1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rc32rf Remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by firedog1, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firedog1

firedog1 Legend

Mar 19, 2007
    If this is in the incorrect area to post this, I apologize; feel free to move it.

I have programmed the DIRECTV RC32RF remote to control my SONY KDS 60A-2000 TV. However, I am unable to randomly tune digital channels OTA.

According to page 6 of the booklet that came with the remote, I should enter 7 DASH 1 (for 7.1). However, the dash is not recognized. It tunes 71. I assume the dash is the button on the bottom left of the remote.

I have tried each of the five SONY codes on page 21 of the booklet. All of the other basic functions work, except the ability to randomly enter digital (sub) channels OTA.

Any ideas on a fix? Thanks.

2. Supervolcano

Supervolcano Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2007
    Sorry, can't help you operate the sony tv with your rc32rf remote.

However, if your OTA antenna is hooked up to your HR20, then you should be able to watch OTA broadcasts through the HR20, and the dash button will function properly.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    It is very possible that the RC32RF programming for that Sony setting, doesn't translate the "-" to the code that the Sony TV is looking for.

4. Supervolcano

Supervolcano Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2007
    Have you tried the other sony codes?
    Especially for Sony since most of their remotes can control power/volume for any sony tv.

Maybe the code your using is technically for a non-hdtv, which would explain why the dash isn't part of it.

Try the other codes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.