1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC65x remote while set on DTV only controls TV volume

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by liquidsense, Dec 1, 2012.

1. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    I have my remote set so that it turns on the TV and--while on AV2--can control the volume on my soundbar. My problem is that when the input is set to DTV (slid all the way to the left), the remote only controls the TV volume. Is there any way to force the remote to control the soundbar volume, rather than the TV volume, while it is set to the DTV input?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    With the selctor on AV2,
    program in 993 and press the Select button.
    Slide the selector back to the DTV spot and see doesn't the volume now control the sound bar.

3. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    You are a good man. Thank you very much.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That was the first thing I learned on the Forums about 4 years ago.
    It always makes things a lot easier.

You are welcome.

5. liquidsense

liquidsense Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    To my chagrin, I realized that the Soundbar will automatically shut off when there is no input for 20 minutes. Now, when I turn the TV on, I have to switch the input to AV2 and then press PWR, then switch back to DTv. I don't suppose there is any work-around, since the "on" button must turn on the TV and not the soundbar. Argh!

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Sorrry, No.
    The On and Off buttons will only operate a TV and the DTV receiver.

7. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Get a Harmony remote, or another programmable remote with macros/activities.