1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RC71, RVU TV, Audio Device?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SuperJew, Feb 24, 2014.

1. SuperJew

SuperJew New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Grovetown, GA
    Good afternoon all-
    I've been trying to find an answer, and I'm sorry if this has been previously answered, but I couldn't seem to find it. I just got my Samsung Smart TV set up with RVU, and that seems to be working OK. (freezes for 3 seconds every 20-30 minutes or so, but that's another issue for another post). I have an RC71 remote which is configured and working for the TV, but can I also use it to control my audio system? If I can, how do I do it?

Here's my setup:
    TV - Samsung UN46EH5300
    DTV - HR34 (in the bedroom)
    Audio - Philips HTS3544 Home Theater System

Thanks for everyone's help.

-Alex

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you can try using an d HR44 (hopefully you have one and not a HR34, if do, you are dead in the water). start by programming the RC71 to any TV (say Samsung, although this won't work with your RVU TV). then follow by setting up the audio device and the VOL lock to the Audio device and not the TV. once you are done, make sure the audio device works and press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice) and enter code 54000 for your RVU TV. hopefully this work around works for you