1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rc71

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jappleboy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jappleboy

jappleboy AllStar

Apr 2, 2010
    Anyone on this great site have any idea if and when the Rc71 will become black lit. Man it is hard to get used to the remote after using a black lit all these years, I guess the learning curve. And i do not like turning up the light all the time.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Use an old backlit remote.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I do think that with a little practice you might be able to simply feel out the remote, (thats how i use mine, but always have too) but with that said, unless you need rf, you can use your old backlight remote for now till they get a backlit version of the new remote out,

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    according to "DirecTV" they are available now. techs are told to advice customers to call DirecTV if they want the backlit version