1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rca dishpro 301

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cdp, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdp

cdp AllStar

Jun 18, 2004
    I have an rca dishpro 301 receiver hooked up to a dishpro 500 quad lnb dish.We had high winds the other day and it blew my dish off the house.I can't get a signal for anything anymore and my dish is all bent up.My friend is giving me the dish that came on his house.It is a dish 500 quad lnb but it does not say dishpro on the lnb.Will this dish and lnb work with my dishpro 301 receiver.Thanks

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Yes...

3. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    xxx series receivers will work on either legacy or dp...xxxx setups would require a dp adaptor...But in your case it would work either way for your 301.

Jason

4. cdp

cdp AllStar

Jun 18, 2004
    thanks for the help guys

5. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Don't forget to reset the switch matrix before hooking up the legacy Quad to avoid the possibility of burning it up due to the box using DishPro higher voltages.

Diconnect sat feed. Run Check Switch. Unplug box. Run Check Switch AGAIN. Hook up sat feed to new LNBF. Run Check Switch for the third (and hopefully final) time.

6. tonyp56

tonyp56 Godfather

Apr 25, 2004
    Yes it will work as long as your cable length is within the distance for legacy. (can't remember if it is 100' or what, but DishPro gives you the ability to have more cable length.)

Why don't you just remove the quad DP LNBF from your old Dish, and reinstall it on the newer one. Unless the LNBF is broke, it can still be used, then put the legacy LNBF up so that you have a spare. I understand your Dish got bent up, but you didn't say anything about the LNBF.

7. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Dang!

TonyP cuts right through to the obvious solution I missed - good job and thanks! :)

8. cdp

cdp AllStar

Jun 18, 2004
    lnbf did get busted also.There won't be any problems with length also.Thanks for the tip simplesimon on the lbnf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.