1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCA Lyra X3000 vs. Creative Zen Vision

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by MarkW, Mar 29, 2006.

1. MarkW

MarkW Cool Member

Mar 11, 2003
    I currently have a Creative Zen Vision. I am very happy with it but now that the Lyra X3000 is out I'm wondering if I should switch. I know I go down to 20 gb but other than that, are there any other features I'm giving up. I know there are more features though such as recording from DVD or another analog source which I wish the Zen Vision did. As well, I know with DirectTV's new box there will be a DirectTV2Go feature and if I'm right the Lyra is the only PMP it'll work with or will it work with the Zen Vision or other PMP's.

2. MarkW

MarkW Cool Member

Mar 11, 2003
    I have one other question. I've also read about the Archos AV500. I know I looked at Archos when I got my Zen Vision but it seemed pricy and I think it was probably the AV400 and the 500 is newer. from what Im' reading it doesn't necessarily work with DirecTVtoGo but it does record straight from a analog in so I guess i could record from the DirecTV received, maybe not as automated. Any opinions of the AV500?