1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? Re deca bb connection to router via wi-fi

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by HarleyD, Jul 5, 2012.

1. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I have an SWM16 coming in the next few days. Once I get my SWiM compatible receivers hooked up to it my next step is going to be getting the necessary 1mr0-01 DECA/MRV adaptors for each box, enabling MRV and creating a DECA cloud between those receivers.

I do not currently have an available Coax cable anywhere near my router that would allow me to plug the DECA BB adapter directly into my router.

I currently have a WET610N connected to one of my DVRs that I would not need there any more if I get DECA and have it bridged to the internet.

My question is, can I connect the ethernet port on the DECA BB adapter to the WET610N to bridge DECA to the internet?

I am also considering getting an HR34, using its' internal DECA adapter and using the WET610N connected to the ethernet port on the HR34 to bridge to the internet but $400 for the HR34 might not be in the budget right now.

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    A CCK-W is designed for that purpose but what you suggest should also work.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. Your idea should work just fine.

- Merg

4. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Thank you. The "just fine" qualifier makes a huge difference. :lol: