1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

? RE: MRV install today

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by CPO1, May 14, 2010.

1. CPO1

CPO1 Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Having MRV installed today. Also having the Series 2 DVR 80 upgraded to HD DVR. I have a 5 LNB dish, and a Multi switch 16 in the basement. I have been using the Beta MRV with no issues
    My question is: What should I expect the install to look like?
    I asked the CSR to request a SWM 16. I want to have dual tuners on all the receivers. the two receivers that are located in the upstairs bedrooms only have 1 cable running to each of them, with no way to get another cable to either receiver. The 2 receivers upstairs are the HR22 and the DVR 80(which is being upgraded)
    Is there a best scenario for my install? Just in case the tech is not up to speed yet with MRV.

2. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Which SWiM that gets installed will all depend on total number of active tuners you will have.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm moving this to the Connected Home forum.

4. CPO1

CPO1 Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I have 5 DVR's with 2 tuners each, so I guess I am looking to have 10 tuners active.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    SWiM-16 is a must.