1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ready to jump ship in a couple months

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jefte1, May 27, 2012.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    Hello all, Just wanted to say thank everyone for there help over the past couple weeks.After careful consideration We will probably going to direct before the fall.I have no contract anymore.The deciding factor was only 1 hopper in household. I needed 2 for the simple fact that the one would be fine for the wife and I but we have a daughter that lives at home and needs her own dvr as she records alot of her own shows and we would have major conflicts when it would come to what to record with just one hopper since she would have to give up her 722 dvr/ I have enjoyed my time with dish but direct is offering me a deal i may not pass up ...I wish you all the best. again Ty for your help .

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Um, I was under the impression you could have two hoppers.

3. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    yes with 2 joyes, i only have 2 hd tvs

4. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    i have 2 hoppers and 1 joey
    2 tv's
    1 Home theater

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Don't get me wrong, I like how DIrectv is set up better than dish anyway, but I thought you could even get just two hoppers and no Joeys. Seems silly to me to restrict customers that way.

6. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    i agree
    if the customer wants and is willing to pay it should be able to get 2 hoppers.stupid restrictions:nono:
    period

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Try a PM to a DIRT member. See if they can get it done.