1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reboot

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by davring, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Been reading the forums for quite some time now and have seen this mentioned before. Watching CSI this evening about 15 minutes after it started recording and my HR20 rebooted. Just like a power outage which we did not have, it is on battery backup anyway. It went through the whole routine and even resumed my recording of CSI. I now know that the guide info is not lost after a restart. I have had good luck with the machine, the normal HR20 quirks but quite reliable otherwise. What would cause this? I have had DVR's for years and never had this happen before. Seems to be working properly now. Is this a known issue or do I have other problems? Thank's in advance.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Could be just a fluke. Or signs that the hard drive is dying. Or a symptom of overheating. Probably not much to worry about unless it keeps happening.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Thanks Litz, the temp has been up around 130 degrees. Usually runs 127, but been warm here lately, I'll keep an eye on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.