1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rebranding change done

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dec 4, 2013 #1 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I noticed this morning that Dish has rebranded the channels.

#215 AlJam
    #345 EBlack
    #346 EClassic

Thanks Dish.

2. Dec 4, 2013 #2 of 10
    foghorn2

foghorn2 AllStar

Jun 17, 2006
    Eblack? really. Where the Ewhite channel?

3. Dec 4, 2013 #3 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The guide images for ENCORE Classic and Black are switched ... but yes, the names changed at 3:32pm ET today.

Also Esquire Entertainment, which took the place of Style instead of G4 as it was expected, has been moved to G4's former channel number at 191.

4. Dec 4, 2013 #4 of 10
    mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    great, now we can watch old tv shows like Murphy Brown? I may have to cancel my encore sub. I don't like the changes. . . and the Western channel just plays the same stuff over and over again.

5. Dec 4, 2013 #5 of 10
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I think old TV shows are cool. I wish Dish had METV, THIS, and Antenna TV.

6. Dec 5, 2013 #6 of 10
    tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Those are good channels in our household.

7. Dec 6, 2013 #7 of 10
    Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Murphy Brown isn't on Encore.

8. Dec 6, 2013 #8 of 10
    KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It's on Encore Classic

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    They are if you have an OTA adapter, a local station carrying these subchannels and an antenna. If you are really lucky you will also get guide data (YMMV). I get the guide data for MeTV, I used to get THIS until the station that carried it dropped it for Bounce, another station then picked up THIS but I lost the guide data. I also get Antenna but without guide data.

It appears that guide data depends on who owns the local station. All Raycom stations get subchannel guide data, as well as Gannet and the 2 PBS stations. But the rest of the ownership groups have yet to find that magic connection to get the guide onto E*'s guide.

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Unfortunately, I live out in the country where we only have translators on the Oregon Coast. Both THIS and Antenna TV are carried by KRCW 32 owned by Tribune and they do not have the money to get a translator out here. METV is available. I get RTV and Cozi TV off my big dish. THIS TV was FTA, but after Tribune bought them, they scrambled, as well as Antenna TV. So unless a person is lucky enough to have an OTA station running the channels, the rest of us are out of luck. Dish "may" add such networks in time, but considering it would take more space, it doesn't look likely in the near future. Getting Portland or Seattle directly OTA is pretty doubtful.