1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Rec. Series..." Doesn't appear to work, sometimes...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jaybee2, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybee2

jaybee2 Mentor

Nov 20, 2007
    I have a show that I'd like to record that airs two different episodes back to back everyday. I played with the idea of padding the end time by +30 minutes. This mostly seemed to work, however, I'm trying to set it up so it'll record the series. I've got my default set up to include "both" and even though it says that "All episodes are set to record", I don't see any other instances of this show on the To Do list. Especially weird is the fact that when I scroll forward in time in the guide and find the show, there isn't any thing indicating that it's going to record.

Any ideas?

2. DanER40

DanER40 Legend

Oct 25, 2007
    It takes time for them to show up in the TDL or even the guide with the record symbol. One of the things I miss about Tivo is the ability to find a series if the time or channel changes.

3. macmikey

macmikey Homer Worshipper

Sep 24, 2007
    I don't think it works that well. set up my HR20-100 to record Kitchen Nightmares and it never showed up or recorded anything. But when i went to Guide, it showed the series R indicator. I also told my box to record the planet e arth series on Science HD and it did, 2 shows. Hasn't recorded anything since.

Not sure if it is me or the box, but I am getting mixed results.

Mike

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    When you first setup a Series Link it will take up to 24 hours for the ToDo list to populate with upcoming recordings. Other then guide data problems I have never had a problem with a series link in over a year using an HR20.

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Not sure I understand this statement. HR20 records series just fine if they change times or days. Just like a Tivo.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I guess you never tried to record Blue's Clue or Curious George. :)

- Merg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.