1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Received Interesting E-mail

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by -, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

I received this e-mail yesterday. I don't know where this person got my e-mail address, but he is obviously selling hacked cards:

Hi. I noticed your interest in Direct TV satellite equipment.

If you are interested in some brand new, never used, Direct TV H Cards, then I
    currently have "7" VIRGIN Direct TV "H" Cards available for $99.00 each.

I also have "5" brand new, never used Direct TV "HU" cards available for $50.00 each.

Let me know.

Tim

I e-mailed him back saying that I was a legitimate DirecTV subscriber and not interested in stealing service. Has anyone else received e-mail like this?

Karl

2. Guest

I got something like that awhile back. Have you posted in any newsgroups lately ?

3. Guest

I usually get the same emails every week because I post also to the DBS Newsgroups on a regular basis. Whenever I get the emails, I just delete them and dont read them beforehand. I am usually paranoid about reading emails these days. Unless its by someone I know, I delete automatically. Better to be safe than sorry.

4. Guest

After a year or so I just started to go back to usenet. Man, lots of hack talk and lots of garbage posts. Still, there is some useful info posted on there.

5. Guest

.... forword the e-mail to si@directv.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.