1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Receiver freezing, mostly after commercials

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dttruax, Nov 30, 2013.

1. dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Had my 722k do some interesting things starting yesterday. The screen would freeze every so often. The odd part of it is that it only seems to happen during commercials. That is, watch the show with no problem and then the channel we're watching would go to commercials. Everything would seem ok until you got to the end of a commercial (seemed to be the last commercial before either going back to the regular show or regular advertising for that specific channel). The remedy would be to just change the channel and change back and everything would be ok. Tried waiting a few seconds but nothing would happen. Tried to skip back using dvr, and that did nothing. In fact, when doing that it wouldn't even change the channel or anything and I had to reboot the receiver. When watching a movie channel with no commercials, we can watch it for hours and hours and not have it happen. Only seems to happen when the commercial channel is trying to switch back from commercials to regular programming. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the problem could be (something with the software, hard drive, etc.).

2. Dec 1, 2013 #2 of 10
    dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Guess not :D. Started to do the same thing this afternoon after being ok for awhile after soft reboot. Tried rebooting by unplugging it for a minute or 2 to see if that helps (didn't download program guide like it usually does after a hard reboot...interesting)....

3. Dec 1, 2013 #3 of 10
    mrp10

mrp10 New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Spacecoast
    Mine is doing the same thing, started a few days ago. Tried reset (red button), pulled power (20 seconds - booted up quick - seeemed to work for a while). Today it is back to doing it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dec 1, 2013 #4 of 10
    dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Well, in a way, I guess it's a good thing that I'm not the only one having this problem. Since it only seems to be during the commercials, I would have to think it's like an uplink or software bug.... but I don't know how all that works. I would think if it was the HD, it would do it in the middle of a show or at random times. Weird.

5. Dec 1, 2013 #5 of 10
    dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Software version seems to be L802

Last connect 11-11-13.... hmmmm, wonder if it is a software bug since we both noticed it happening fairly recently.

6. Dec 1, 2013 #6 of 10
    dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    It appears we aren't the only ones. Over at the "Official" Dish support forum, many, many users are reporting the same thing, especially during commercials w/changing the channel fixing it..... weird.

7. Dec 3, 2013 #7 of 10
    superJess

superJess Cool Member

Jul 29, 2002
    We have been having this problem too. I didn't realize it was happening only during commercials - I'll have to pay attention. We don't watch live TV that often.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

8. dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    After going back and forth and with many threads and posts with the same problem over at the DIsh support forum, it appears that they finally either "discovered" or admitted to a known software problem with the 622 family of receivers freezing during commercials (specifically Dish Network commercials). There was supposed to be a software update roll-out starting yesterday to address the problem. We'll see if it works.... of course this is right after they sent me a new receiver :rolleyes:

9. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Which specific commercials were you seeing it on?

10. dttruax

dttruax AllStar

Apr 9, 2010
    Various Dish Network commercials. It would freeze either at the end of said commercials or at the end of a commercial switching to a Dish commercial.