1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

receiver question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ivtech, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ivtech

ivtech AllStar

Aug 22, 2008
    Hi: i have a 211HD and a analog receiver with 2 tuners in other room which has chan 3 and chan 21 and i want to upgrade this one to HD,but i want to have also the 2 tuner with same chan 21 because i want to be able to use it in same way that i'm using now with chan tv 2 with chan 21, that is very handy because i can send the signal from the living room from the 211 to other tv's chan 3 and the tv 2 chan 21,

2. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Is there a question here? Have you attempted to call Dish and ask them what they can offer you and what the cost will be?

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Use of sentences and capitalization would make this easier to follow. I think your question is basic, but it's not totally clear what you want to end up with.

"analog receiver" All Dish channels are delivered in a digital stream. I'm guessing you have an SD receiver (322? 522?) that you wish to upgrade to HD.

The ViP222 is the HD equivalent of the 322. The DVR 622/722 is the HD upgrade of a 522/625 and adds the ability to record ATSC from local broadcast. All 3 can output TV2 over your choice of channel 21-69.