1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Recommendations for outdoor speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by heathramos, Aug 15, 2013.

1. heathramos

heathramos Legend

Dec 19, 2005
    I am about to have a patio cover (solid) installed and was thinking of putting up a couple of speakers and connect them to my receiver in the house, since it has a zone two option.

any recommendations for speakers?

probably just used for music or sports radio

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Take a look at the Polk Audio Atrium series of outdoor speakers.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    check recommendations at AVSforum

4. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Definitely go for speakers with at least 5 inch woofers, to give you at least a little bass. In addition to the previously mentioned Polk Atrium speakers, chek out the Yamaha speakers, which are less expensive, but still have quite good sound quality. At about the same price as the Polks, check the speakers from Definitive Technology. At the low price end, Best Buy has Insignia speakers (house brand) that are passable.

5. heathramos

heathramos Legend

Dec 19, 2005
    thanks for the suggestions

I'll probably get the Polk Atrium 6 speakers

just need to hire someone to run the wire since I'm not sure I want to drill through the stucco and its a pain to run it through my attic.