1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Recommned basic HD Tivo Reciever

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by robocomp, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robocomp

robocomp Cool Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Want this for my 4:3 HD tv upstairs. Dont need recording capability, but do want all the functionality of Tivo and good quality unit at reasonable price. Thanks much.

2. SD493

SD493 Legend

Mar 10, 2003
    There is only one HD Tivo. A Tivo without recording capability would not be a TIVO.

3. robocomp

robocomp Cool Member

Jul 26, 2004

then what is recommeded if it is not a tivo that will show the program grid and similar menu functions with hd functioning??? thanks

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I guess I'm missing exactly what you're looking for. All D* (or E*) STB's have an electronic program guide. What 'simular' menu fuctions are you looking for beside the program guide?

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Forget the thread title, he just wants an HD receiver for upstairs.
    Like the Hughes HTL-HD or the Samsung TS360.

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    So robocomp, what did you end up getting? We've been waiting a week for your answer.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.