1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Record any show on any DVR from 1 screen..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by texasmoose, May 19, 2010.

1. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    I'm not seeing this............Is this because it's not in any of the firmwares yet or will be forthcoming? Or maybe the last NR didn't have this? Maybe the most current CE does?

[​IMG]

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    You will see that on an H21/23/24 receiver when you have multiple HR20/21/22/23/24 receivers.

You don't see it between multiple HR receivers unfortunately (yet?)

3. HRJustin

HRJustin Godfather

Mar 5, 2009
    It actually says "non-DVRs" allow you to schedule recordings on DVRs on the bottom of the image you have in your original post.:p;)

Attached Files:

4. madgame

madgame New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Is this laid out somewhere? I haven't ordered yet, but this is a big feature. A buddy of mine did order. He has one DVR and one H series. Says he can't do this and is pretty disappointed about this missing feature.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    He must not be doing something correctly.
    The "H series" means anything other than the H20, which doesn't work with MRV. The H21/23/24 does do this. I go into the guide, see a show and press the record button. Since I have more than one DVR, it asks which one to record. I can then setup a single recording or a series link "just like" I was doing this on the DVR.

6. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    A work-around for that is to use m.directv.com or the "grid guide" scheduler on directv.com. Either offers you the ability to pick which DVR you'd like the show to record on, though it won't immediately let you know if there is a conflict. You can, however, designate the show as "must record".

7. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    DirecTV please give us this option for our HR series.

Yes, I know.... like a broken record. :D

8. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    @texasmoose

In looking at your .sig I see you don't have an "H" series receiver (non DVR). Its those units that have the menu in the picture you posted.

9. madgame

madgame New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    He just confirmed, it's working now. He thinks that maybe it wasn't working during the beta??? Which is when it was installed (several weeks ago). Actually still in beta, so I'm not sure. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Now they just need to make this work with multiple DVR's. That's a bit disappointing.

10. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    Yes, it was apparent, I didn't look @ the whole pic. I was getting wifey aggro & thus lost the ability to take in the full picture. My wife, who is the D* account holder, got an e-mail about this & was misunderstood.

Still it would be nice to be able to take advantage of this, even with just HRs aboard, wife doesn't like having to go @ the D* website, as it's as slow as our HR20:D. She is just too lazy to walk into the MBR to set-up a recording there. She wants the flexibility, which is understandable.

11. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Anyone by now should know this is a feature I feel should be in place ASAP.

C'mon DirecTV. Make the HR's have the same option as the H's. I want to tell what receiver to record to from any receiver, not just a non-dvr. ;)

12. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    While I'd say we'd all like this, if you're at a DVR then you know what DVR is going to record it.
    Not being at a DVR needs to have what it does today.

13. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Don't make me make a new thread. :lol:

14. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Just because I know, doesn't mean I want it there. :rolleyes:

15. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Well when I was a kid, I was my parents remote control.
    Yeah, right now you do have to get up and move over to where "you want it". :lol:

16. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    My grandmother had one of the remotes that was actually a "clicker", hence where that term came from. No volume control, just the ability to rotate through the channels.