1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Record future program for future watching (ViP 622)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by gcotterl, Mar 2, 2014.

1. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    What are the steps for recording a program that starts at 11 PM tonight so I can watch it tomorrow? (I don't want the program to start playing at 11 PM tonight).

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Bring it up on guide then select it. follow on screen commands.

3. gcotterl

gcotterl New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    At 2:10 PM, in the Guide, I selected a program that starts at 2:20 PM and the program started playing at 2:20 PM. I don't want it to start playing at 2:20 PM; I want to record it and watch it tomorrow.

4. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Make sure the TYPE option is set to DVR and "not" AUTO TUNE on the CREATE TIMER screen.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If you want to record something you're watching, press the record button. If it just started, there will be an option to "record entire event" or some such.

If you're looking through the guide at a program isn't currently playing, the default behavior is to record it for later viewing.

Either way, you just need to follow the on screen prompts.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The DVR is going to have to use a tuner to record the program you requested.

If you are tuned to that tuner, you will see the program, just tune to another tuner, unless, of course you have a one tuner receiver.