1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record, Pause, Flip Channel...REWIND?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cdc101, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Okay, I realize this is the only way I can (so far...fingers crossed) simulate the DLB, however I had a question...

When I do this, the show that I pause (being the recorded one or not), doesn't STAY paused when the channel is flipped. It's not a terrible problem, but it sort of negates the step of actually pushing the pause button if I have to <RW back to where I left off...and hope I remember where I left off from. Also sort of ruins the surprise if I get to see what I am rewinding through.

I thought that I had seen on here that this should work, but it never has with mine.

Am I doing something wrong or is it my system or is it nothing at all.

Thanks is advance for the help!

2. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    If you record both, you can start playing one and when you want to flip to the other, hit pause, list, and play on the other show. Repeat when you want to flip again. Yes, you have to record both, but it works if you only want to flip between two channels.

3. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Maybe that was my issue...I was only recording one of the two I was flipping between.

Trying it now.

Thanks for the reply!:D

*edit* Still not working...as soon as I leave the either recorded station to flip to the other one recording, it comes off of pause.

4. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    Are you trying the previous button? I never could get that to work. Try this.

- record both shows
    - start watching one by hitting LIST, highlight the one you want to watch first and hit PLAY
    - when you want to switch, hit PAUSE, then LIST, highlight the other recording, and hit PLAY
    - when you want to switch back, hit PAUSE, then LIST, highlight the other recording and hit PLAY

There was an issue previously where if you caught up to live in a recording, hit PAUSE and then immediately switched to another recording, when you came back to the first, it would start at the beginning. The fix was the hit pause, then jumpback a few times and then you could switch. But, I just tested it today, and it didn't happen, but I figured I'd let you know in case that happens. And let me know if that happens or if it doesn't work.

5. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    That got it, Matt. I was just using the 'Previous Channel' instead of going to list and nav'ing from there. Working like a charm.

Thank you!

6. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    Glad it worked. Like I said, let me know if you ever have an issue of it starting in the beginning instead of remembering your position you left it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.