1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded program to video capture

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dclaryjr, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    When I had a SA8300 with TWC, it had a feature where it would output an analog signal for dumping to a VCR. I could watch something else while I was recording a program. Is there anyway to do this with the 622? Maybe by switching to single mode?

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You have three tuners to record from if you have an OTA antenna, otherwise you have two tuners. Record on one tuner and watch something on another tuner or watch a recorded program at the same time. There are lots of combinations depending on your configuration.

3. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    With your receiver in Dual mode, you can output TV2 to your Recorder while still watching TV1

4. anthonyi

anthonyi Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    But, if someone else is veiwing TV2 it will stop recording what you set it up to record.

5. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    Didn't say it was perfect.. Just the only way for a 622 to do what is wanted.. Have to keep people off the TV2 while this is going on. None of my receivers use the TV2 so I never have a problem with these little things. :)

6. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    That's great--sounds doable!! I'm still a little confused on how the TV1/TV2 works. I know that while I'm watching and controlling TV1 from my living room with the IR remote, my grandkids are controlling TV2 from another room with the UHF remote. Now take the grandkids out of the picture. So is there a button on the remote that allows me to toggle between TV1 and TV2 on my living room set? And a related question--I've noticed that some of most of my timers are on TV2 but some end up on TV1. How does that happen and is it something I have control over? If "RTFM" is the appropriate answer then I'll do that when I get home, but I've found the documentation on the 622 to be less than clear. Thanks!

7. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    OK, I'm home and I've read the frickin manual, but I'm still unsure how this works. I can see on the back of the 622 that there are distinct anaolog outputs for the two tuners. So do I have to run to the second TV to start the timer playback so my video capture can start, and then return to the living room to watch TV1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.