1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recorded shows deleted, error #2003

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by cp1966, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cp1966

cp1966 Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    I just got the HR20-700 last week. I had set up a few season passes including "The Office", & "Survivor", set to record last Thursday. After it was set up, I checked to be sure it was set to record and it was.

I went to watch "The Office" today, and both these shows were deleted. The message given was similiar to "program was deleted because of an unexpected error (2003)".

NOT HAPPY!

I hate calling DTV because it takes forever to get thru and people on these forums are usually smarter.

Any Ideas why this happened or what I can do to stop it from happening again?

2. cp1966

cp1966 Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Anyone?

3. funners

funners AllStar

Aug 26, 2007
    try this.... reset through menus.... menu on remote then select help and settings then select setup then select reset then select restart recorder... then select the soonest series scheduled just for test purposes.... see what happens... I've noticed many problems with the hr20 (saying it's not a bad machine) seem to happen early on not long after installation...

4. cp1966

cp1966 Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    For other reasons, I have reset the receiver several times already. I have attempted to record other shows and lately it has been recording them.

I love The Office and missed last weeks episode, oh well, life goes on.

5. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    All D* is gonna tell you to do is format the drive. They have to do this before replacement is sent. If they send a replacement without doing this they would have had to charge me 299.00 for another DVR. I almost lost it. I unhooked my Esata and formated the internal drive so I did not lose my recordings. With all the trouble everyone seems to be having I don't really think a swap out would fix the problem. It has to be a D* and HR20 problem for so many to be getting recordings cancelled on them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.