1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded Shows "Empty" on HR24?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Skizza, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Skizza

Skizza Cool Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Some shows I record play fine, while others just go to a gray screen whenever I play them. Try to fast forward them, progress bar comes up, but still no visual. They show up in my playlist as recorded but don't play and video or sound for that matter. I've tried to stop, then resume, start over, power off and resume or start over and still nothing. Any idea what could cause this?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Have you tried resetting the DVR using the button behind the front panel access card door?

This can also be caused by poor reception on one or both tuners. Check your signal readings on both tuners.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Also, just press & hold {INFO} and then run the system test. If something is wrong, this will tell you what isn't working.

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    This issue isn't unique and gets posted from time to time. Here is a [link] to another poster that is having the same issue. I have replied with some links and suggestions.

5. bwclark

bwclark Legend

Nov 10, 2005

Are you using a AM21 with the HR24? Is it a OTA recording?
    If so, then yes it occurs with the HR24 and no solution has been found yet. I have experienced it several times. The "recording" actually is blank since it is blank while viewing as well...seems random.