1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Recordind tennis but I don't know why

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by GaryK, Jun 25, 2008.

1. GaryK

GaryK Mentor

Jul 9, 2002
    Wimbledon tennis is being recorded daily on my 622, but I don't know why. The good news is, I do want to record it. When I look at the daily schedule, I see the new Wimbledon shows to be recorded. When I try to edit it, It says the Australian Open Tennis? When I look at my timers, there is no Wimbledon. Only the Australian & French Open. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't want to delete the Australian.:confused:

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper DBSTalk Club

Dec 10, 2002
    What type of timer is it? If a Dish Pass i would look at the string the timer is searching on.. that might provide a clue.

3. keitheva

keitheva Legend

Aug 23, 2002
    I had a similar thing. I had set a timer to record the French Open finals a few weeks ago, and this timer was now firing Wimbledon recordings. I assume there was something in the program name/info pattern matching algorithm the 622 uses that caused a match. I just deleted the timer for the French Open and now no extraneous Wimbledon recordings.

4. GaryK

GaryK Mentor

Jul 9, 2002
    This is a regular timer not Dish pass. It is set for new episodes only. The string is for the Australian Open. Tessis is not in either string of the title.

5. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    Echostar has done it! The first intuitive DVR! All you have to do is set a timer to record an event and it "KNOWS" what you like and records it too. Amazing technology. :)

6. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    They are listed as the same show, a numeric number, and different episodes. So if you Recorded the Australian Open now you get Wimbeldon