1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording an ongoing program

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mawingo, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mawingo

Mawingo New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    My Motorola box when I had TWC would record the entire show that was already in progress. IE. if a show starts at seven (whether it be a movie, news, show, etc.) and I walk in a few minutes later and decide I want to record it, I'd press Record and it would start from the beginning of the show.
    W. the 622, it just starts where you press record. Am I sol on this functionality with the 622? Comes in handy sometimes.

To clarify: this is for when the box is already on. I can press rewind and catch the beginning, but I can't record from the beginning... or can I.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Check the 'Options' button. One of the options is 'Record Entire Event'. Sometimes that choice isn't available based on where in the program you are.

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    If the box is already on, and on that channel you can definitely record the entire show. What I do is Rew back to the point I want to start recording, hit record, and then select record remainder of event. It will start from the point you are currently at.

4. Mawingo

Mawingo New Member

Mar 27, 2007
    excellent, thx for the tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.