1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording deletes while being watched?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TimeShifter, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeShifter

TimeShifter AllStar

Dec 27, 2005
    I have Law & Order scheduled to record, and keep no more than 5 episodes. I was about 15 minutes into watching the oldest recorded episode in the list, and the screen suddenly went back to the list of recordings, and was showing live TV in the window. I noticed the record light was on, the episode I was watching was no longer in the list, and an episode of Law & Order was being recorded.

I don't remember my HR10-250 ever doing that. But, I may not have ever been in the same situation.

Technically, it was doing what was specified in the scheduler. But, it shouldn't delete a recording while it's being watched. Is this a known issue?

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes this has been posted a few times. You could change it to keep all. It did not do this on the TiVo.

3. stroh

stroh AllStar

Oct 17, 2004
    This happened to me yesterday, VERY annoying!

4. TimeShifter

TimeShifter AllStar

Dec 27, 2005
    Thanks for the reply.

After having two HR20s for a couple of months, and this is the first and only issue I've come across so far, I'm generally pretty happy with them. They definitely haven't been the disappointment they were supposed to be for a long-time TiVo user like myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.