1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording on both HDDVR's in home

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kycharmer, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kycharmer

kycharmer New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I have two DVR's and the Whole Home service.

My fiance was told both DVR's could record 2 programs, but every time I hit record for the DVR labeled "Bedroom" it says program is recording on DVR labeled "Living".

1. How do I get my "Bedroom" DVR to record there and not on the "Living" DVR?

2. When I fix this, because I know someone has an answer for me :D...will this allow us to record 4 programs at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated...

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    A DVR can't tell another DVR to record on it.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Are you sure that you have 2 HD-DVR's? If you have a HD receiver and a DVR and select to record on the receiver it will prompt you to select which DVR to record it on. If you have 2 DVR's, as sigma stated, asking the DVR to record will only record on that DVR.

- Merg

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'd start by making sure that the "Living" DVR isn't set to record the program. That would, in theory, address the complaint that you're getting.
    As long as all four programs are different (or don't already exist on one of the DVRs), apparently.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Please post the model numbers of your 2 dvrs....this really sounds like you have an HR2 something in one room and an H2 something in another room, HR models are HD DVR's, H models are strictly HD receivers, they can't record at all, but with WHole Home MRV, they can be used to schedule a recording on any other HD DVR's you have if configured. If you have multiple HD DVR's, currently they can only schedule recordings for themselves, not any other HD DVR's hooked up to your setup.