1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording past end of show

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tazzwalker, Feb 15, 2010.

1. tazzwalker

tazzwalker New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    DVR is recording past end of show, not just minutes, but hours. The show was programmed to record thrut the guide. Any ideas?

2. tinmanohio

tinmanohio Cool Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Yes, it is a "known issue" with the software. DTV is working on a fix but for now what has worked for me and many others is: Go to the menu, choose set up, choose reset, choose reset defaults. This will clear any recordings you have set but will NOT delete any shows already recorded. If you have several shows set to record I recommend you make a list so you can set them again. Both series links and single records. I did this just over two weeks ago and have had no more trouble....yet.
    Good luck.

Bill

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I would just do a restart first. Then the reset if that doesn't fix it.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Also, check your default recording settings to make sure that you don't have that set to stop recording xxx time after the show has ended. You might also want to check the specific series you are having issues with.

- Merg