1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording/playback annoyances

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by n-spring, Jul 8, 2012.

1. n-spring

n-spring Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    My setup is in signature below....

1. I've downloaded several HBO episodes of Game of Thrones. My Hopper prematurely terminates playback. It's at the very tail end of the program, and usually occurs during the "inside the episode" portion of the download.

2. I have timers set up to record Wilfred and Louie on FX back-to-back. Both timers are set to start one minute early and one minute late. The Hopper doesn't seem to have the intelligence to handle the overlap correctly. My DirecTV DVR would open a new file for the second recording, and the content would overlap with the end of the first recording. The Hopper doesn't do this. It simply ignores the one minute extension on the first program. A lot of times, the first program is victim to problem number one above. Playback terminates before the end of the program.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Dish receivers never added extra time before and after if recordings are from the same channel. One work around is to set one time on the channel's high channel slot and the next at the mapped down location.

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    If you have back-to-back timers set with extended times, you are causing conflicts since the timers overlap. If you have back-to-back timers, you don't need the extended times. garys has a good suggestion to counteract this issue. If you have further questions, please let me know.. Thanks.

4. n-spring

n-spring Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    Still doesn't explain why playback prematurely stops...

The extended time is setup as a DVR default. Any suggestion to a workaround is a cop out, IMO, and the DVR should do the right thing.

5. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    I'm going to have to agree with that 100%. I understand that lags are inherent in satellite broadcasts, but the system needs to be programmed to compensate for them so that playback will be correct and seamless for the customer.