1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Recording stopped for no reason--HR 44-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by hookemfins, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hookemfins

hookemfins DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 3, 2007
    Miami
    HR 44-700 was set, from client, to record NASCAR truck race on 219. As always I set it for an hour over which would have been around 11:00.

When I got home the recording was stopped at 9:45 with the message in history, "recording stopped by family". Family is the name of the HR 44. Unit us hooked up to UPS so power glitch shouldn't have effected it.

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Well, not to be too smarty, but there was a reason. Likely it won't be apparent to anyone, but your word 'glitch' is on the money. I trust no one else was there at your house? Sorry I don't have any real answer, but the very occasional oddity just happens- if it becomes frequent or a pattern, that's something else.

3. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    Same thing happened to me. I had 3 set to record the race, 2 HR20-700s and a HR20-100. All three stopped early. prior to the actual end time. I had 2 padded by 3 hours and 1 by 1-1/2 hour. The history just said: stated at XX;XX, ended at xx:xx, no error per say.

The odd thing is they all recorded different times. 2:07, 2:11, & 2:14 (hours:mins). Dosen't seem it would have been something in the stream since they are staggered. :nono2:

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I think there was monkeying around with the guide data.
    The race was severely delayed. I had set my HR24 to add an extra hour and a half and when it stopped ( I was watching it ) I turned to the channel it was on and it was still going with about 38 laps to go til the end.