1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording/tuners issue

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by xfoneguy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006
    Puzzled about this - maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works..... I have a 2 Hopper/1 Joey setup. One Hopper has all 3 tuners in use. I link my Joey to the OTHER Hopper.... but when I try to set up a recording, I get the "conflict resolution" screen, showing the FIRST Hopper (the one that I am not linked to).

Any ideas?? Something just doesnt seem to add up.

Thanks!!

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    How are you linking to the other Hopper? Through the setting menu or just selecting it on the my recordings screen?

3. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006
    I've been using Settings - is that not correct? Maybe thats the problem?

4. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006

I'm confused - isnt "My Recordings" only something that appears with the "DVR" button (previously recorded programs)? How would I record something new from there?

thanks!

5. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Settings is the correct place. One can change the list of saved recordings on the My Recordings screen between the two hoppers and I was hoping that you were not simply selecting the other Hopper on the My Recordings screen and expecting it to stick.

Perhaps the re-linking didn't stick?

6. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006
    could be - it's probably worth resetting the connections, re-linking and/or reboot(s)?

Something is definitely flaky here! I've only been with Dish about a month, so I'm still learning.

7. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'd start with rebooting the Joey and then, if the Hopper that is not staying connected is not recording, rebooting it.

8. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006
    Thanks - will try that right now.

9. xfoneguy

xfoneguy Mentor

Feb 1, 2006
    Well, talk about overlooking the obvious (and easiest) .... rebooting the Joey did the trick. When I select a program to record, it's actually recording on the Hopper that I was supposed to be linked with.

I've gone back and forth several times between the 2 Hoppers and it appears that the linking is now working exactly as it should be.

Thanks again.