1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

recordings cut off

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by yence99, Jun 17, 2013.

1. yence99

yence99 Mentor

Jan 30, 2005
    I have a problem with my recordings every time I have scheduled consecutive shows to record on the same channel (no other recordings going on). The first recording will always be cut off the moment the second recording starts (1 min early). This was not the case with previous DIsh DVRs (I have a Hopper now). I remember the old DVR using two tuners in this type of scenario which allowed the first recording to run 3 minutes late and the second recorrding started started on time (1 min early). Is this normal with the Hopper and is there a way around it?
    Thank you!

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    This is one of my biggest complaints about DISH. It is NOT something new as my ViP622 has been doing it since the beginning.

The companion to this complaint is that they need to not round the start and end times to the nearest tenth of an hour or whatever. Stop the first program exactly when it is supposed to be over (according to the raw guide data) and immediately start the second one.

DISH's chief competitor handles this situation much more gracefully.

3. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    Is the recordings on one of the major networks that share a tuner?

I know on my hopper I have the default to start 1 minute early and end 5 minutes late and when it goes to record 2 shows back to back it ends up using 2 tuners so I have overlap in the 2 recordings. This is with channels other than the major networks (which I almost never record).

4. Bill L

Bill L Mentor

May 5, 2008
    Dish needs to solve this problem or it will loose customers when renewal time comes up.

This has been going on for too long.

5. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    This is one of my biggest complaints about DISH. It is NOT something new as my ViP622 has been doing it since the beginning.

The companion to this complaint is that they need to not round the start and end times to the nearest tenth of an hour or whatever. Stop the first program exactly when it is supposed to be over (according to the raw guide data) and immediately start the second one.

DISH's chief competitor handles this situation much more gracefully.

This and also the receivers need to compensate for the 10-15 second delay in the stream itself.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using DBSTalk mobile app