1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Recordings not showing in playlist

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Lord Vader, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    My bedroom HR24 is having a weird issue. Today I was recording something at 12:00 noon. The buffer was showing orange, obviously indicating it was being recorded. However, when I went to the playlist, either directly or via the menu route, the recording was nowhere to be seen. After this recording ended, the recorded program was not in my playlist at all. Another recording then began at 1:30 p.m. and it, too, was not in the playlist, even though it was showing as being recorded when checking the buffer. BTW, the recordings were being made on this specific DVR; it wasn't an MRV or Whole Home-related issue.

A RBR between these two recordings did not help, either. So far, this is the only receiver that is experiencing this problem. I'll have to wait till I get home later to check the rest of them.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Any clues in the History list?

3. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Try resetting twice to see what happens, BTW is it on external hard drive or internal?

4. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    You know, THAT is a very good question and point, and one that I did not think to consider. Yes, I do have a 2GB external drive, and yesterday we had some severe storms that rolled through, disrupting power for a minute or so, causing the receiver to reboot. I'm willing to bet that when it turned off then on, it booted on the internal drive. I'll fix that problem when I get home.