1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recreational Vehicle + Sticks & Bricks DTV Policy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JohnQ, Jul 7, 2013.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    OK, I have multiple DTV HD Receivers at my sticks and bricks (house) plus I have a motorhome with a Kng-Dome antenna that is setup for DTV receivers. What is DTV's CURRENT policy about adding a receiver to the motorhome? Do I have to have 2 separate accounts? Or does DTV consider that when I'm motorhoming I am NOT at home using those receivers? It seems to have (by default) gotten quite a bit looser of late, or am I mistaken? I am thinking about have a dispatched installer come out to install an Owned/DTV Verfied with Access Card on it's way HR20-700 in the motorhome as a SD (dome antenna limiting factor - plus OTA External Antenna capability) and do not want any problems regarding "Policy."

Will ultimately replace the King-Dome (next year) with a Winegard Trav'ler SWM as money allows, so adding a HD receiver is a preparatory step.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The "real" policy states that you must have two accounts. however as long as you are not using both locations at the same time, DirecTV turns a "blind" eye

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    Kinda of hard being in two places at the same time, especially being handicapped. A little advise for when I call for an "Install." Do I just say I have an install and do NOT mention where, i.e., Motorhome or should I "Fib a Bit" and say it is in the SD Shop???

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When I said "you" i did not specifically meant you, but rather both places cannot be used at the same time, this menas your wife, friends, etc while you are using the DirecTV in the RV. Not sure what you expect the tech to do, DirecTV does not install in RVs short of running a wire through a window or the like

5. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    If it were me, I would just have another box installed in your house. then when the installed leaves, move it to your motorhome. When we camp, I take a box out of the house, and along with a spare dish I bought on ebay, have tv on the go.

6. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Agree, but of course the TS already has the receiver.