1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Zone Channel HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Blitz68, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz68

Blitz68 Hall Of Fame

Apr 19, 2006
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

I watched it for the first time last weekend since my team played on Thursday nite and man was I loving it. Keeps you in all the action all the time and no commercials.

Since my team played at 3:00pm this last weekend I watched it again during the early games and man am I impressed. What a great channel.

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    The only thing I dislike about RZC is that they show Tampa way too much.

3. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    Is that because they are always in the RedZone?

4. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I love it too, best thing ever for NFL fans you don't miss anything exciting that happens. When my team is not on RZ is.

5. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    Huge fan also. Always tuned in when Steelers are on other days / times. Really have taken advantage of it this year.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    The only problem with Red Zone is....when do you go to the bathroom?

7. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just hit the pause button. :)

It would be cool if you could just subscribe to the RZC for $99.00 instead of having to pay the full price to get it. I know I'm crazy huh, that'll never happen. :sure:

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Then you never catch up!

9. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well geez how long do you spend in the bathroom? :lol:

10. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Is it me or should the NFL fire Bryant Gumbel and hire the dude that does the RZ Channel? I think he would do a much better job..

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    That is an awfully personal question.

:)

It would be longer once I put an LCD in there!

12. AMike

AMike Godfather

Nov 21, 2005
    RZC is absolutely great but there is one minor thing about that channel that I don't like. It seems to me on that channel, they are piping in fake crowd noise which I heard on my rear channel speakers.

Yesterday, they switched to the GB-Detroit game on RZC. I heard that crowd noise and decided to see if it was real or not. I switched to the HD channel for that game and that noise was not there.

13. turbo_oasis

turbo_oasis Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    RZC HD is the gretest thing that NFLST ever came up with. I love my Rams (Fmr St Louisan here) but when they suck on ice, like all of this season, it is nice to have a channel that bouces around to every game that hase some kind of action going on. If only NHLCI or MLBEI had moething like that as well. Now if only Andrew Siciliano would cover them damn ears...he looks like he's about to fly away

14. GP_23

GP_23 Legend

Sep 13, 2007
    My wife and I dubbed it the ADD channel, my neighbor says it was like watching Sunday ticket with me the first year I had it, but he says they at least let you know which game they will be going to next!

15. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    The RZC commentator is also excellent. I hope he's there next year.

16. SnowManson

SnowManson Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    His name is Andrew Siciliano and he totally makes the Red Zone channel. He is very knowledgeable and it's amazing that he can handle everything that is happening at once for sometimes 6-7 hours.

He probably won't last long doing this because he is a true talent and is enjoyable to listen too. He'll end up on a network broadcast for sure.

One of my favorite moments this year was when Brady and the Pats were destroying the Redskins and they keep playing differents songs over the Pats highlights when they would switch to them "Just can't get enough.." and some other song. The comedy on the show is the perfect amount without being to over the top ala Sportscenter.

Here is his wiki page if interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Siciliano

17. Dr_J

Dr_J Icon

Apr 15, 2007
    Actually, MLB did have something similar called the Strike Zone Channel which I saw briefly during the free preview.

18. Dr_J

Dr_J Icon

Apr 15, 2007
    It's definitely awesome! My only complaint was that when there was only three, and sometimes four, late games, they would terminate the broadcast at halftime of the late games. Now, they're doing "Red Zone Plus," with call-ins and trivia to get $50 off of a sports package, and they said they'll do it again next year, so that's less of an issue now.

I've also got the Short Cuts playing in the background right now. That ends tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.

19. Dr_J

Dr_J Icon

Apr 15, 2007
    For whatever reason, the first year of Red Zone/Superfan, only Fox games were live on Red Zone. They added the CBS games the second year and thereafter.

20. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    Noticed this as well. The rears have the same exact sound no matter what game they switch to.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.