1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Red Zone for NFL Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by KSbugeater, Nov 9, 2012.

1. KSbugeater

KSbugeater Godfather

Feb 17, 2005
    I called retention regarding an unresolved non-return fee, and when the CSR asked me if there was anything else he could help with, I told him that it would be nice to have the Red Zone Channel, that I couldn't afford Sunday Ticket, but others have been able to get RZC. He didn't hesitate, and hooked me up right away.

Last night I tuned to the NFL Network to watch Thursday Night Football. I got the Not Subscribed (721) message. I have been receiving NFLN since the beginning of the season even though it's not in my package (Select, although on the Compare Packages page of directv.com it says it IS included in my "current package". I do also have the Sports Pack, but I don't think NFLN comes with that, either)

So basically I traded a 24-hour channel for one that's up for 7 hours on Sunday, neither of which is included in my package. Anybody think I have a shot at getting NFLN back without upgrading my package? Select really works for our family, especially when combined with the Sports Pack to get the RSNs for our area.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    No, you shouldn't get a channel not in your package. It defeats the purpose of packages.

3. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    You were lucky to see the games, but you really don't have a legitimate complaint. If you want to watch the games, upgrade.

4. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Couldn't hurt to ask I guess, but it just seems like a glitch on their end. I doubt you getting Red Zone had anything to do with NFLN getting shut off.

5. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    I have a Spanish package that does not include NFL net. But because I have NFLST I have access to NFL network.