• It's OK

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Hate it

Votes: 105 55.9%
  • What's the difference?

Votes: 55 29.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redesign of DirecTV.com "My Account" Section...

6K views 48 replies 36 participants last post by  Draconis 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on the rediesign of the My Account section of DirecTV.com?

#2 ·
One change I do not like is that there is no description in the resent activity entries. They had a description of the charge before the change.

Also, I can not enter my account with Netscape. Only IE.

#5 ·
lwilli201 said:
One change I do not like is that there is no description in the resent activity entries. They had a description of the charge before the change.

Also, I can not enter my account with Netscape. Only IE.
I agree.. I liked being able to see every exact thing that was happening on my account, and a description other than 'Charge'. The new system seems counter intuitive.

#11 ·
Are they done with the changes??? I aree that just the word "Charge" is less than helpful. I would hope that the change process is still ongoing and that it will eventually (soon?) reflect the same information it did before. I can't understand why having such vague verbiage would be the desired result?

#12 ·
JLucPicard said:
Are they done with the changes??? I aree that just the word "Charge" is less than helpful. I would hope that the change process is still ongoing and that it will eventually (soon?) reflect the same information it did before. I can't understand why having such vague verbiage would be the desired result?
May be they are trying to force more people to pay online.
First you could no longer see your bill on site without online pay. And now all you get in the Activity Section is "Charge" ;)

#15 ·
directv since 1995: I think they should give a description of each thing you are paying for.

#17 ·
Jhon69 said:
Well I love it!.:D
I'm partially with you on this one...

I do like how they implemented AJAX and new javascript to make it more "fancy", but did like logging in at the top of the main page, and not all of the old pages (like viewing your hardware) has been updated. Will they get around to updating those also?

#18 ·
I hate AJAX/javascript. Show all the menus and data on the damned page instead of having a bunch of drop down animated boxes to navigate and scroll through.

A lot of D* customers live where reliable and affordable highspeed connections are not available.

And why in the hell did they take the login off the main friggin' page.

All fancy fluff and no functionality improvements.

#20 ·
arxaw said:
I hate AJAX/javascript. Show all the menus and data on the damned page instead of having a bunch of drop down animated boxes to navigate and scroll through.

A lot of D* customers live where reliable and affordable highspeed connections are not available.

And why in the hell did they take the login off the main friggin' page.

All fancy fluff and no functionality improvements.
Amen to that. Furthermore there is High Speed Int. about five miles from me>result:
I am at the mercy of the satellite if I want HSI, go figure:rolleyes:

#22 ·
Maybe it's me, but I don't see anywhere where it tells you the due date and amount of your next payment in "Pay Bill"

Would be nice to know.

#23 ·
Drew2k said:
Couple of things:

I don't like that I have to go to a separate page to log in - I liked doing it right at the top of the main page.

The option "View Bills Online" takes you to your bills, but there is no link to get back to your account.
+1, +1

Except, more like, when I check the box for "Remember me", why do I still have to log in every time?! I hate that on a website more than almost anything.

#25 ·
ProfLonghair said:
Except, more like, when I check the box for "Remember me", why do I still have to log in every time?! I hate that on a website more than almost anything.
I agree - I don't really like that at all. But I'm also single, live alone, and nobody else uses my computer.

It asks you to log in again at places where it allows changes to your account to be made, PPV ordered, etc. (and just to look at your actiuvity unfortunately) and I'm sure they added that level of security to avoid the "my kid ordered that Boxing PPV or X-rated stuff or whatever - I'm certainly not gonna pay for it" business.

I've just resigned myself that I have to live with it - the same as when I have to log into eBay every 24 hours even though I'm the only one with access to my PC. :( What good is "Remember Me" then?

#26 ·
JLucPicard said:
I agree - I don't really like that at all. But I'm also single, live alone, and nobody else uses my computer.

It asks you to log in again at places where it allows changes to your account to be made, PPV ordered, etc. (and just to look at your actiuvity unfortunately) and I'm sure they added that level of security to avoid the "my kid ordered that Boxing PPV or X-rated stuff or whatever - I'm certainly not gonna pay for it" business.

I've just resigned myself that I have to live with it - the same as when I have to log into eBay every 24 hours even though I'm the only one with access to my PC. :( What good is "Remember Me" then?
"Remember Me" is to remember your email address, not necesarily your password. If you'd like to be auto-logged in, use the password manager built into your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.