1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Refurb or new?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Tulsa1, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Tulsa1

Tulsa1 Godfather

Oct 15, 2003
    I purchased a VIP 722K from a vendor on Amazon,com that listed it as brand new. The ser# of the one I received begins with RBERMT
    Is this a sure sign of refurb?

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Call or chat in with the R01# and have them check the history of the receiver.

3. Tulsa1

Tulsa1 Godfather

Oct 15, 2003
    This really frustrating. I couldn't get a straight answer from Dish online chat.
    I paid good money for what is supposed to be a new VIP722K and I have serious doubts that its new.
    I just want to find out if it is new or refurb.
    If I didn't care what I got I would have gotten it free from Dish.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Over the years, I got one replacement box that still had all the clear peel-off protective plastic on it and that one came from a different source at the behest of Echostar Engineering because they wanted mine and the first replacement refurb didn't work. I think that one was truly new.

5. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    If it's refurbished/remanufactured it'll say so on the label.