1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional Sports (by zip code) if vacationing?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by azbohunter, May 22, 2013.

1. azbohunter

azbohunter New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    So if I live in Arizona and sign up for a package including regional sports and vacation in the NW will I still get the sports channels from my home zip code to follow the games I have interest in? Or does it switch to the Regional Sports programs where you are currently recieving signal. (this is with the Tailgater and 211K)

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

(runs from thread screaming)

:coffee

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You only get the channels that you sign up for... IF you are not subscribed to multi-sport, then you only get the RSNs for wherever your service address is.

IF you have a tailgater account, and travel a lot... you would probably be well-served to subscribe to multi-sport. Keep in mind, however, that even then there will be some blackouts on some channels based upon your service address for pro sports.

4. azbohunter

azbohunter New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Maybe I did not post my question clearly.
    I have a Tailgater and RV account with Dish, if I pay for a package that includes Fox Sports AZ and I am camping in Oregon will I still get Fox Sports AZ or will I get Fox Sports NW? I have only used my account for about 30 days in Jan. and that was within AZ and I was happy with it and the fact that I could follow AZ teams while on the road traveling.
    Thanks

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    1. You will only get what you signed up for wherever you are. It does not change automatically based on your location.

2. RSN's are not on spotbeams so you will still get them. Getting locals depends on still getting the spotbeam.

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah, I forgot to mention locals... good catch tampa8. If he travels outside of the spotbeam of the locals where his sign-up service address is... then he loses locals too. I think, though, that as a RV account he might be able to call them up though and tell them he is parked in another area and might be able to have his service address change depending on where he goes. I don't have an RV account so I can't say for sure on that, though.

7. azbohunter

azbohunter New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks for your replies folks. I was pretty clear on how everything worked except when sighing up for a Regional Sports. I undetstand having to call in a give a location for new address when traveling to get local channels.
    Thanks

8. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you do that (the call-in) then that should take care of the RSNs too... or at least I believe it should... which ultimately answers your original question. IF you call to tell them you are in another location, your locals and RSNs should switch I believe.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The blackouts may not be accurate until the programming begins to air (and then still may not be accurate). Good luck!

10. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    But don't call in to get the locals where you are if you want the RSN's from your Arizona address.

11. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... some clarification as I had thought he wanted the RSNs to change... I now understand that he in fact did not want the RSNs to change... My gut says it is "all or none" when you make that call, but here's hoping to be wrong.