1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Regular channels on DIRECTV in HD???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by EasternNC, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EasternNC

EasternNC New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I have heard alot about DIRECTV & its schedule for rolling out Local HD Channels in TV markets for the next 2 years. But what is the schedule for implementing all of DIRECTV "Regular" channels to HD. For example TVLAND, MSNBC, CNN, USA, CMT, MTV, HISTORY CHANNEL, DISCOVERY CHANNELS, and all of the other channels like this.

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    That depends on when those particular networks make the decision to add a national HD feed. I could be mistaken...often am...but I do not believe any of the networks you mentioned currently broadcast an HD feed. If the network don't broadcast it, no SAT/cable can carry it.

3. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Discovery has an HD version and D* and E* have it, the other channels you listed do not have HD versions for D* or E* to broadcast. In other words, D*, E* and the cable providers can only give you HD channels that are broadcasting in HD, most do not do this at this time.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Like others are saying here, until these stations go HD, which none of them are even available anywhere in HD yet except for one Discovery channel, D* cant carry what doesnt exist.....

Personally I'm hoping for FX, USA, and SCI-FI as my big 3 wishlist to go HD ASAP....

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005

Well... If they would just properly use Universal-HD... we would have our USA and SCI-FI HD.... until they had their own dedicated ones...

6. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    What, and stop my daily fix of Knight Rider in HD. No way man!!! Tell SciFi to get their own.

7. ajseagles3

ajseagles3 Legend

Feb 16, 2006
    Knight Rider >>> anything on Sci Fi

8. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    No, but it's on Universal HD every friggen day. Yippee. Oh, give me my DH.

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    MTV Netwoks recently launched an HD Channel called MHD, which is composed of music programming from MTV, VH1, and CMT. They decided to make one HD music channel with music programming from all 3 services to be considerate of the bandwith constraints on both Cable and Satellite.

10. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmm... Hadn't heard of MHD... but I have a strange hunch that would cure the HD itch a lot of users have.

National Geographic HD would probably scratch the itch better... but then again.....

11. funkeruski

funkeruski AllStar

Feb 4, 2006
    I also don't give a crap which channel(s) they add next as long as they don't take away my daily morning double dose of Hogan's Heroes in HD.

12. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Legend

Nov 8, 2004
    I've been told a couple of times that HGTV and Food Network should be in HD soon... I'd definitely go for the HD food shots. Talk about stirring up hanger pangs! :) As long as they don't show high definition MacDonald's, the fat Americans should do okay. ;-)

13. stackman

stackman New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    National Geographic, History Channel would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.