1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Related to the "Cord Cutting" topic, credits I just received

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bungi43, Apr 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bungi43

bungi43 Mentor

Jan 17, 2011
    I called in today after I got the email on the protection plan going up a few bucks a month.

After being put through to retention, I was given

15 dollar credit for 12 months
    10 dollar credit for 6 months
    50 dollar instant cash credit

And I dropped the protection plan. Also dropped my package down one level without giving up much, saving 7 bucks a month.

Very happy with the service I received today, after the last few times the service has been downright awful. I'm under contract, but for once the guy didn't seem to hang that over my head when I told him I was close to cutting the cord.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You must be a very "hearty" person, if you know what I mean… !rolling

3. bungi43

bungi43 Mentor

Jan 17, 2011
    Not entirely sure what you mean, but about the only thing I have special is 4 receivers. I've got the old "Choice Extra" plan that isn't active anymore. Went to choice, really only lost two channel that I occasionally watched. I wanted to go entertainment, but he said if I did that he couldn't give me that 10 dollar credit so it was a wash.

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    DirecTV has a heart rating system for customers, the more hearts, the better the deals you might get.

5. Jillxz

Jillxz New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Never heard of it.

6. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Peds48 please do not disclose such information to the customer as their really is no need too. They use to have Golden Hearts customers would know about way back in the day but nowadays d* does not want customers knowing of such a thing. And wow that agent saves were probably very low as that is overboard. Nice to get it though lol

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I don't think this is a secret any more. As I read it here (on this site) and confirmed it some other place. that some other folks are not aware of it, well that is another story. But it is not the first time being mentioned here.

8. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Telling the customer about it is going to do more harm than good. Like they are going to ask how can I increase my hearts? And it is extremely complicated. Their is a long list of stuff that affects hearts I was told of. It's not as simple as how long you have been with them or if you pay your bill on time their are alot of politics behind it.

9. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Something to do with my heart rate everytime I get my bill I would guess... :grin:

10. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Actually I remember the hearts program from way back. If anything it's you who has given away a lot more valuable information in saying that CSR's have save rates. Now all we have to do is keep calling in until we get one that's desperate to save an account to get his rate up. Nice going there, Vol...

11. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    He's still kind of new here, we've talked about "hearts" for years.

12. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right on! had he had let it go, that would have been the end of it, but now this is going to be a topic changer, and the more he tries to debate, the more info that is going to "leak" out

13. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    Were you still under contract when you called and got those deals?

14. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    I never mentioned a rate. That was you ;)
    But it is common knowledge you have to have a certain amount of saves working in a cancellation dept. i knew that before i even came to directv. just like working in a retail store in sales you have a certain amount of sales you have to make. no secret or leaks here.