1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Remind" Feature Request

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by opelap, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opelap

opelap Legend

Nov 4, 2006
    Really miss the "remind" feature of my old UTV. Yes we still like to watch some things live and used the "remind" feature often. It was great to watch something else until the unit popped up a message that the other show was about to start and would you like to change channels.

Then again I don't know why they didn't just model this unit on the UTV. It was perfect (except for no HD).

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    AutoTune... is what it is referred to on the DirecTV non-dvr receiver.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I would love to see auto tune added just like the H20/1 and SD receiver's have. When in the guide if you press select on a show you should be able to select auto tune or record. I would use this feature almost daily.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Personally I don't think I'd have a use for this feature, but I have a close friend who went from an SD receiver straight to an HR20 and his wife misses this feature a lot.

5. zinger1457

zinger1457 Mentor

Sep 24, 2006
    As a recent DISH convert the autotune feature is what I miss the most. This is probably the biggest disappointment I have with the HR20. Really surprised more folks aren't asking for it.

6. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    I like it better without a reminder. That way, when I see the yellow light and think, "What the heck am I recording?" I can start watching it and fast forward through the commercials.

7. D*Noob

D*Noob Cool Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Coming from Comcast digital cable w/ dvr service, I too miss this feature a great deal. You never really think about it unless you've used it in the past.

8. WolfpackSully

WolfpackSully Legend

Oct 22, 2006
    I wanted the auto-tune yesterday. Watching TV knowing there is football game coming up at 8pm and a Yankee game at 7pm, but piddling around doing and watching other stuff in the meantime. I will often forget as time quickly passes by and miss the only meaningful part (1st two series) of the pre-season football, etc....

Sully

9. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    As da Duke referred to it as "autotune", and as I have posted many times before, those of us who want to burn DVDs live need this feature desperately. Especially when the program we want to record comes on M-F at 2:00 a.m. locally. If I don't remember to set the HR20 on the right channel before going to bed (and make sure I don't have a competing program set to record that might cause the foreground tuner to change channels), I miss the recording.

My prior sat receivers had this feature and it was used 5 days a week, all year long. I miss it, and there is no substitute for it.

10. terrylmc

terrylmc Mentor

Dec 22, 2005
    This is a good request, I've brought it up before myself... Ah.. the old UTV days..

Anyway, its great for us with young kids to change the channel for them automatically..

11. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.