1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote 20.0/21.0

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by bvca, Oct 15, 2012.

1. bvca

bvca New Member

Nov 28, 2006
    I've owned a 722k for 3 years. Both remotes are going bad (20.0/21.0). I've ordered two new remotes. Can i clone the new 20.0/21.0 remotes from the old 20.0/21.0 for tv/audio/dvd... or do I have to add in tv, audio, dvd separately from old audio, tv and dvd remotes?
    ty

2. doowop

doowop New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I don't know of any way to clone them, look up their codes and enter,then # for each device.OR SEARCH...
    Wanted to post NEW post, but ended up here, Mod, Please move as necessary,Thank You
    I wanted RF remotes for both my TV sets, TV1 and TV2.
    However , I got better than that, VIP722K
    I NOW have two remotes for TV1, BOTH RF, and TV2 has RF !
    One of the RF's for TV1 has a out of place green # ! on the bottom.
    So ALL 3 of my remotes are RF only.and the IR remote NO longer works.
    This should answer a multitude of questions.
    To change to a NEW remote, press SAT on remote.
    Press System Info on front panel,
    Press RECORD on remote.
    Watch screen change to the remote in your hand ! DONE.
    Happy Viewing. :balloons::flag:

3. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Use the system wizard button and you can save your remotes to the receiver and then again when you get the new remotes send the data to the new ones.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I think it works the other way, receiver settings are saved to your remote when the receiver must be replaced.