1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote Code for a Emerson 32" LCD HDTV with Digital Tuner, LC320EM8

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by astayton, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Sep 4, 2007 #1 of 11
    astayton

astayton Cool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    I just bought a Emerson 32" LCD HDTV with Digital Tuner, LC320EM8 and can't get the remote to work. I have a DirecTV (Model #) RC-24 remote. Any one else have this tv ?

Thanks

2. Sep 4, 2007 #2 of 11
    Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    No, the rc24 doesn't have a code for this set. I have two owners of this model on different boards who have upgraded their remote to the rc64 and still didn't find a code.

3. Sep 5, 2007 #3 of 11
    astayton

astayton Cool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Well that kind of sucks, but not to much I can do.

Guess i might take the set back and get something different.

4. dervari

dervari Icon

Dec 1, 2005
    Have you tried Funai codes? One for all had to download a new Funai into my remote for it to work with this TV.

5. martin63

martin63 Mentor

Dec 17, 2006
    Did anyone have any luck finding a code for this tv?

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    There isn't remote made, universal or oem that has preset code for the currentv emerson & sylvania models, sorry you need an aftermaket learning universal remote or PC upgradeable like the Harmony line, then use the emerson tv remote to teach the learning remote that commands.

7. martin63

martin63 Mentor

Dec 17, 2006
    Scre* that. I'm taking this stupid tv back.

Thanks!

8. dendewro

dendewro New Member

May 16, 2009
    I have the same Emerson digital TV. My remote stopped working. I tried to find a code that would work with my DVD player remote with no luck. I decided if it was broke, it wouldn't hurt to take it apart to see if there was anything loose inside. What I found was some thick Coke syrup in it. Probably spilled by grandchildren. I put some alcohol in a 409 bottle and rinsed it out real good, then I used Q-tips wipe it out. Then I let it air dry for about 20 minutes. I reassembled it, and it worked like a brand new one.

9. dendewro

dendewro New Member

May 16, 2009
    Also try this.
    1.Take the batteries out. 2. Press each button one at a time for a couple of seconds with batteries removed. Make sure you do all buttons. Put fresh batteries back in. Try the remote.

10. vinnyroo

vinnyroo New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    i saw in walmart the emerson and sylvania tv's looked the same so after no emerson codes worked i tried the sylvania code
    11864 and it worked!!

11. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Yes, code 11864 is only in the rc65 remotes which didn't exist at the start of this thread back in '07.