1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote code for Dynex

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tbone526, Jan 31, 2008.

1. tbone526

tbone526 AllStar

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm having a problem trying to get the remote for my new HR20-100 to control my new TV.

I just purchased a 32" Dynex (Best Buy store brand) LCD TV, and I don't know which brand to select to find the remote codes. Dynex isn't listed as a choice, and I'm not even sure if all the Dynex's would be the same manufacturer "under the hood" anyway.

How do I program the remote to operate the TV?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

2. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I don't have the answer you're looking for, but it may comfort you to at least hear that the old DirecTV HRMC remote that probably came with a Hughes HAH receiver presently controls my Dynex 13" TV. I found that code by stepping through them. Does your HR20-100 remote allow you to at least blindly step through the stored codes?

If you don't get the answer here, you might try posting at remotecentral.com

3. tbone526

tbone526 AllStar

Nov 21, 2006
    Thanks for the tip! Did a search over at remotecentral.com and found the answer in 2 minutes.

(It was Sansui for anyone that's curious).

4. Mz-Professional1982

Mz-Professional1982 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    :lol:
    Hello,
    I was having a problem finding the code for my Dynez 20" tv for a universal remote. I called the help center and they didnt have my exact midel remote but he did suggest that I use other compatable models like: Orion, Emerson, Memorex, Senith, Sylvania, or Sansui. I had a TV Tech universal remote the the code 135 worked for me.

5. EMoMoney

EMoMoney Godfather

Dec 18, 2005
    I think there's an entry for "Generic." That's what I used before buying another Logitech all in one.

6. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    Easiest way to figure out any of this:

Look at the back of the generic tv and see who actually manufactured it. Usually you'll see Fujitsu, Sansui, Sylvania, etc printed on the back label instead of the brand on the front of the TV.

7. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    I purchased a Dynex 24" about a year ago. I believe it was either Admiral or Emerson that worked for me. If you do a web search for "Dynex remote control codes" you will find many links that bring you to various forums with people asking the same questions.

But try my recommendations first, I think one of them should work.

:)

8. timmmaaayyy2003

timmmaaayyy2003 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2008
    I used the web tool on directv.com for mine.

9. xIsamuTM

xIsamuTM Icon

Jul 8, 2008
    scanning for a tv code should work if it'll work at all
    move bar to TV
    press [mute] and [select] down until green light flashes 2x
    991 wait for flash
    1 wait for flash
    [channel up] about every second until tv turns off
    [select] to lock it in.

10. dhines

dhines Godfather

Aug 16, 2006

11. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Best one. Always use it for off brand TVs wher3 customers have lost the remote.

12. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    also covers some insignia lcd models.

13. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    These are various brand names that the bigger retailers use to market CE goods made by Funai. There are at least a couple of others; Symphonic is one. Funai makes most of the "store brand" entry-to-mid-level electronics.

14. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Most are total rebrands these days (IE you cannot figure out who it was made by via a simple label on the outside).

Not necessarily true at all, there are tons of OEM/ODMs right now making the off brands and even the name brands. In fact many off brands have multiple companies making their products for each size. It changes all the time as well as companies shop around.

My dad actually used to work with a lot of off brand stuff and rebranding/etc. Very interesting stuff and really shows that brand loyalty means nothing in most cases and just how brand loyal the public is (with no good reason to be these days).

15. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    That is very true. A good example is the short-lived Walmart house brand "iLo". This "brand" made primarily cheap HDTVs, both LCD and plasmas. They were actually manufactured by a number of relatively small subcontractors, and had lots of problems with the internal electronics. When buyers started having their TVs die just after the 90 day warranty, they found that not only could they not return them to Walmart, despite being a Walmart house brand, but that the "support" was virtually non-existant and in many cases no repair parts were even available (in some cases, the manufacturer no longer even existed!).

Those who could returned their TVs to Walmart, and Walmart took a bath on them, but most folks ended up eating that $1200-2000 when their TV died out of warranty. The "iLo" brand lasted less than two years.

That traditionally hasn't been a problem with the traditional big-name CE manufacturers, but with the increased outsourcing, there have been some occasional problems. Luckily the big names are a lot better at managing their subcontractors and sub'ed products than Walmart was.

16. cspeedball

cspeedball New Member

Dec 25, 2008
    0091 is the code for the directv with tivo remote

17. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    Dynex 11463 11564

18. BartFarmer

BartFarmer New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Try this it worked for me and my 42" Dynex
    dynexproducts.com/universalcontrolcodes.aspx

19. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Thx, but the OP got it figured out over a year ago.

20. mishawaka

mishawaka AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    Wow, I love you. :lol: